Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Almost Home!

Today will be the last post until we get home as we only bought so much time for the internet in our room. Jaili is feeling SO much better now and has been a complete ham the past 2 days. She loves to put on a show for people so every morning at breakfast and everytime we are in the elevator. She laughs, makes fart noises with her mouth and snorts at people. She is the funniest kid! She yells mama at me when she is mad and baba or dada at Shane. She is talking (ok really babbling)so much now. She as also started this thing with just me where she scrunches up her face and makes this little snorty sound and then I have ot do it back to her. God definatly had a glorious plan when he gave our daughter to us. She is like us in so many ways it is crazy. She loves a crowd, has to be the center of attention, has really stinky feet(that's all dad), sleeps fantastic, gets really grumpy when she needs to eat and , very stubborn (we are in for it) and loves to make people laugh. Her personality is coming out so much. She isn't fond of big crowds where people are touching her alot though they can look at her from a distance just no touching (only Mom and Dad and the people she knows). We learned as of yesterday that she can crawl. She is cruising all over. We are really hoping that the walking thing doesn't start until after we come home. On a different note, Shane and I took turns watching Jaili and we each got a massage yesterday. The massages felt great, different than at home. They massage through towels so that felt different. We also got a ginger wrap on our backs that is supposed to take out toxins. It felt cold and slimy when they put it on and then they wrapped plastic and towels aroung our backs and it turned into FIRE!!! It literaly felt like there was a fire on my back and my skin was going to fall off. The nioce thing was that for about an hour afterwards it felt like you had a heating pad on your back. Shane loved it, as for me not so much. We are excited to come home and show everyone our beautiful daughter. She is awesome. Shane and I are still having a wonderful time here. It has been beautiful (between 60-70 degrees). I am sad to leave the weather and go back to cold ) : On the other hand it really doesn't feel like Christmas in any way. Which I am O.K. with considering I don't really like all of the hub bub of the gift buying etc. I do miss having the true meaning of Christmas here (Jesus's birth and all). It is commercialized here Santa and everything that goes with him but no spirit of our Lord. Anywho, that's all from us for now. Take Care everyone and have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Much Love to You All!

5 comments:

joy said...

Finally I getto be the first to post !!! tried for 2 weeks and missed it, so yeah to me!! I can"t wait to have you home with baby girl, it does not seem like xmas here either as part of my family is missing (home soon yeah) Jaili is already growing too fast for me, now she"s crawling EEEKKKK, can"t wait to hug you and have you home safe,see you Sat. I Love you Mom

SaraT said...

If you read this just know that Ben and I are so happy for you and we left some xmas goodies for you at home to open. Ben knows how long you have waited for this miracle and he is estactic for you. So, when you are home and things are calmer and you are ready, give a call and we will be there to meet your beautiful daughter. Sara and Ben xoxo

the Pruett's said...

Lance and I are so excited for you. She sounds like she is just like you. I am so glad to hear that she is feeling better too. I only wish I could make a trip to Oregon to meet Jaili. Someday, hopefully sooner, rather than later. Have a safe trip home and a blessed Christmas! Love you guys, Quinn

MarylandMommy said...

Hoping you have a wonderful NEW YEAR with your new bundle of joy! She is beautiful!

Mel said...

It was so wonderful to see my grandaughter. She is so beautiful. She has the best parents in the world. Can't wiat to see her and her mom and dad soon. Love you Angel you are an absolute wonderful daughter. love you. Dad